Wednesday, November 14, 2012

[ALL TIPS] How to fix iPhone 3 GS White Screen of Death after repair

I had someone bring me an iPhone 3GS they had attempted to take apart (to replace the glass) by prying apart the chrome bezel from the back case. Needless to say, they broke several components in the process. I had to replace the dock connector assembly, the power/headjack/mute-toggle/etc. ribbon cable and vibrate motor. I also replaced the glass digitizer and LCD. When I power it on, I never get the apple logo, and it goes right to a white screen. If I hit the power/lock button it will go black screen. Hit it again and white screen. The mute toggle works (phone will vibrate), and iTunes recognizes the iPhone just fine. Holding home button will bring up voice control. I have tried swiping the digitizer screen to see if I can get some sort of audible response, but no luck. I have tried multiple new LCD and digitizer's, and same symptoms. I have even restored the firmware 3 times, no luck. Can anyone help? Here you have some of the available fixes: Anyway, a white screen usually entails a defect in the actual LCD or corrosion on either the connectors of the LCD or even the connectors on the motherboard. Use an alcohol swab and clean all the connectors (1, 2, 3 and the pins on the mobo), then dry them off very well with a can of air. And other tips in video tutorials: No1 No2 No3

1 comments:

alanyang said...

Hi,
Thanks for the information about this Really nice Post.
repair iphone

Post a Comment